China Student Visa
There are two types of China Student visa. X1 visa type is for international students who come to China to study for more than 6 months and X2 Visa type is for students who intend to study in China for less than 6 months. China University will send the JW201 or JW202 form and an admission notice required for China Student Visa.
The institution must have the authority to offer courses to foreigners and china visa. Hence majority of the institutions in China conduct the programs in Mandarin and regulations do not allow to enroll International students.
X1 China visa holders can apply for Temporary Residence Permit. It need to apply from the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) within 30 days of arrival. Temporary Residence Permit can be issued for 180 days to 5 years.
China government permit the X2 visa holders to remain in China until the duration indicated in the visa, but there is no requirement as such for the X2 Student visa holders to apply for Temporary Residence Permit.
Required Documents for Chinese Student Visa
• Original passport valid up to at least six months with at least one blank page.
• Accurately completed Application Form.
• Admission letter from the institution in China and a copy.
• Approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form with a copy.
• Passport sized colored photo – full face, front view against a plain light background.
A person can submit his or her application to the embassy or consulate. Mailed applications will not be accepted. Regular processing time will be 5 working days.